Long term health begins with a healthy body, a healthy mind, and, a right attitude. Planning for long term health is key to ensure you attain that perfect health. This page provides some guidance on what to look for in resources and what to do to implement your plan so that you age gracefully and healthy so that you have a quality third stage of life. Your third stage is a long one that should allow you to pursue your dreams and to contribute to your family and society for a long time to come. The articles we have highlighted give you added resources to explore as you plan your health for the future.
The best way to fitness is to exercise everyday; and, to keep it fresh, find a passion and do it everyday. For me, my passion is walking and I have been doing for about 4 years.
- How to Live to 100 – Why do some people live long, healthy, and happy lives, while others struggle with dementia, heart disease, and depression?
- Walk, Don’t Run, Your Way to a Healthy Heart – The American Heart Association explains that walking briskly can lower your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes as much as running, according to a new study.
- How to amp up an aging immune response? – By the year 2030, one-quarter of all people alive will be at least 60 years old. You’ve heard that 60 is the new 40, and in some respects that’s certainly true. But when it comes to fighting off infectious disease, “60 is the new 59″ might be more like it
- Whole body vibration may help elderly get up and go – When the elderly can’t exercise, doing stints on a vibrating platform may help them become slightly stronger, faster and more agile, according to a Spanish study
- 8 Ways to Fight Aging – While no remedies prevent aging…
- Exercise May Delay Early Aging of People With Diabetes – US News and World Report
- 3 Helpful Tips to Fight Aging – The simple things I used to do are becoming a bit more challenging with the passing days. Staying in shape, eating the right things and avoiding excess are all standard fare for my life beyond 50.
- Age-Proof Your Brain – 10 easy ways to keep your mind fit forever
- The fountain of youth? Brain region found to control aging – For the first time, a brain region has been found that may control aging throughout the whole body, a new study reports
- Aging Boomers’ Mental Health Woes Will Swamp Health System: –
- Study: Bilingual Seniors Have Mental Edge – Older adults who’ve spoken two languages since childhood have a distinct cognitive edge over their monolingual peers, according to a new study.
- Could a video game be used to diagnose Alzheimer’s? Game could pick up early signs of dementia and track the disease’s progression
- Blackberries Boost Brain & Heart Health | WBHI Think Tank – Guidance from the World Health Organization recommends eating a minimum of 400 grams of fruit and vegetables a day to lower the risk of serious health problems, such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and obesity.
- New evidence on how weight, diet and exercise can help reduce cancer risk – Cutting your risk of cancer is no longer just about shunning tobacco. Be lean, eat healthfully, get active.
- Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar – Vinegar is known for being able to do wonders around the house and you have probably used it for many things yourself. However, recent research has proven than apple cider vinegar might be beneficial for your health as well.
- Americans Are Consuming Far Too Much Added Sugar – with approximately 13% of adults’ total caloric intake coming from sources such as sugar and high fructose corn syrup, according to the latest report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Walgreens May Help Solve U.S. Healthcare Crisis – Walgreens’ Healthcare Clinics can treat dozens of minor medical problems before they turn into major health issues. And they’re doing it while engaging patients at an almost unheard-of rate.
- How Employee Engagement Can Improve a Hospital’s Health – Here are proven strategies for generating positive outcomes in healthcare organizations and providing patients with the best care possible.
- 11 Tips to Cut Your Cholesterol Fast – Got high cholesterol? Learn what you can do to lower it quickly — starting today – WebMD.
- After the Caregiving Ends – NYTimes.com – Is there life after caregiving, and if so what it is like?