Trends in Housing
Once you are ready to retire, how should you choose your retirement destination. There are several trends right now on what to do. Some people are trading down, some are moving in together, some move closer to their kids, some choose a retirement community, others choose to live together, and some just stay put where they are. The key thing is plan your strategy and choose carefully. Perhaps renting for a year in the new place is better. Gives you a chance to get acclimated and see if you like your new place. The services, amenities, restaurants, shopping, things to do, etc. What follows is a set of key articles on some of the things you should be looking at when planning this new town for your retirement. What is good nowadays is that you don’t have to leave your living room or study to find out what appeals to you and a lot of things to consider in each location you choose.
- 7 Reasons You Should Consider Renting in Retirement – If you’re planning to move again soon or want more freedom, renting is a good option.
- Best Places to Retire – Many people dream of moving to a new location in retirement. When you are no longer tied to your job you can finally take off for a warmer climate, pursue your hobbies, or simply move closer to your grandchildren.
- What is a 55+ Retirement Community? – A 55+ community is a general term referring to all sorts of housing communities geared towards those of us who are age 55 and over and able to live independently on our own.
- A house divided can stand! Multi-generational homes within a home – The largest shift in recent history has come in the way Americans are living.
- Best Places to Retire Abroad: Montreal – A Texas couple’s love of Europe leads them to a new life in Canada.
Senior Housing Services
- Housing Services for Seniors – This site focuses on providing older persons with a wide variety of assistance related to financing, building, maintaining and locating housing.
- Assisted Living Federation of America – The Assisted Living Federation of America is a national nonprofit membership organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in assisted living residences and promoting the interests of the assisted living industry.
- 5 Frugal Living Ideas You’d Never Think Of – There are plenty of reasons to live a more frugal lifestyle. You might be saving up for a big vacation or a new car.
- The benefits of a reverse mortgage – Imagine what life would be like without making another required mortgage payment.
- Gardening to lift the retirement blues – A great hobby to take up in retirement is gardening. When you begin gardening there are many new things to learn and a lot of different decisions to make.
- Getting ready for the spring???
- Which Home Improvements Pay Off? – Basic maintenance, such as the roof and exterior painting, are frequently more important than an awesome kitchen.